Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Science of Sleep or How I realized to appreciate the power of a good night's rest.

By Dr Vincenzo F J Blake

Oh boy, who knew this sleep thing would be so hard to figure out. My parents, bless them, have consulted the world's greatest minds in a desperate attempt to unlock the secrets of infant sleep, so I can achieve a better night's rest. The answer, it seems, still evades them.

Sleep is vitally important. When I sleep well, my day is so much better for it. When I don't, I feel so extremely frustrated. Just thinking about it makes want to burst into tears (and I often do).

It's quite elegantly simple really. I should hope that this information is known to everyone. The thought of people trying to go about their daily lives without a good night rest is frightening.

So I've done my part, I've deduced that sleep is good and I need it. Now all my parents have to do is help me to get a little more of it each night. Not rocket science I know, but I have to leave them something to do.

Sleep well.

Dr Vincenzo F J Blake

No comments: