First, Alen had a showing of his short film, Sometimes... And Always in a Dream, in Atlanta as part of a special group called "The Movement." This meant that Alen is in Atlanta and for the first time in Vincenzo's life he doesn't get to see him each day that passes. It also means that Enzo and I are home alone and working hard to keep the routine that has served us well for several weeks. From my conversation with Alen over the phone it sounded like the screening went smoothly and his film was well received by the audience as a whole. (Congratulations Alen!) (If you want to see more information on Alen's films and others check out 3Films 3Visions or Dilated Pictures ).
Secondly, I caught a nasty little head cold which I tried very hard not to give Enzo but to no avail. This means at 3 months (almost exactly) Vincenzo has gotten sick for the first time. He has had a mixed experience and like a typical first time Mummy I have done everything possible to help him feel better (if only there was a cure for the common cold). The biggest change in Vincenzo's behavior now that he is sick is that his typical 8-9 hour night-time sleeping schedule is ruined and he's only sleeping 1-2 hours at a time. I am hoping he will go back to sleeping through the night once this cold subsides.
Lastly, tonight at approximately 8:30 p.m. Vincenzo rolled over from his front to his back for the first time! I was so excited I think I scared him a bit with my squeal for glee. I tried to get him to do it a second time so I could catch it on video but he wasn't up for it. I was sorry Alen missed it, but my guess is for a while when Enzo is able to roll over it will be like the first time every time.I appreciate all the well wishes and emails I received after my last post. I just want to say how much I am loving sharing all the pictures and Vincenzo developments with all of our family and friends.
All the best to each of you.
Love, Petra
